Effective date: June 22, 2021
Collection of your Personal Information
We collect and maintain different types of personal information from and about users of our Sites, including:
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any other identified by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Account information (e.g., login credentials, profile details, and rating information).
- Customer relationship information such as customer service requests and feedback and information requested or provided by or from you (e.g., your name, email address, the content, date and time of your message, and our reply).
- Device information (e.g., publisher identifiers, web browser type, web browser plug-in details, operating system version, referring search engine, device type, and information collected through cookies).
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Sites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related
website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of your Personal Information
We may use your personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To present our Sites and their contents to you.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To periodically notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Sites, application, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Sites, application, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For additional information that may apply based on your location, please see the State Specific Addenda below.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our affiliates, employees, and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our business relationship with you, including: parties that provide products or services to us or on our behalf and parties that collaborate with us in the provision of products or services to you. In some instances, such parties may also provide certain information technology and data processing services to us so that we may operate our business.
- To our trusted vendors for purposes of completing certain tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. When we share your information with our trusted vendors, we disclose only the information necessary to deliver the service, and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not use it for any additional purposes.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of JourneyBox’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by JourneyBox about our Sites users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect and defend our rights, property, or assets.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. For additional information that may apply based on your location, please see the State Specific Addenda below.
We have implemented appropriate physical, technical, and managerial safeguards to protect your information, but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will only retain personal information collected from you for a limited period of time and only as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Sites or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com
Visiting our Sites from Outside the United States
When you submit personal information to us through the Sites, you understand and agree that this information may be transferred across state or national boundaries and may be stored and processed in any of the countries and locations in which JourneyBox and our vendors maintain web servers or offices, including, without limitation, the United States. By using our Sites and providing us with your information you are consenting to such transfers.
If you are visiting our Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may then be transferred within the United States or back out of the United States to other countries outside of your country of residence, depending on the type of information. These countries (including the United States) may not necessarily have data protection laws as comprehensive or protective as those in your country of residence; however, our collection, storage, and use of your information will at all times continue to be governed by this privacy notice.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will keep your personal information for the time during which your user account is open (or, if you do not have a user account, for a reasonable period) or, if longer, the period required by law.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once you no longer hold a user account, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our internal data retention policy and applicable laws and regulations.
Data collected based on your consent for the purpose of marketing communications will be retained for as long as you give your consent to JourneyBox for the processing of your personal information for marketing communications or if later, if permitted under another legal basis.
Links to Third Party Sites
any third party website. JourneyBox is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any of these third parties. If you venture to an external link through our Sites, we encourage you to read the respective privacy statement of the external site(s) you intend to browse. JourneyBox does not control and is not responsible for what third parties do in connection with their websites, or how they handle your personal information.
If you have provided your email address to us through the Sites or through other means, you may receive information, content, notifications, updates, newsletters, marketing emails, offers, promotions, or similar communications from JourneyBox via email. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you may opt out by following the instructions in the Changing your Privacy Preferences section below.
Changing your Privacy Preferences
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your privacy preferences. Depending on your jurisdiction and which privacy laws apply to you, you may have certain rights to access, correct, or delete your personal information that we maintain. To comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your
For additional information that may apply based on your location, please see the State Specific Addenda below.
State Specific Addenda
California Information Sharing Disclosure
We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. This section on additional information for California residents supplements this policy and applies solely to eligible residents of the State of California (“consumers” or “you”) as of January 1, 2020.
Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
(a) Information We Collect:
We collect personal information via the Sites. In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from our consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers – YES
- This category may include: name, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers. Under the CCPA, “unique identifiers” or “unique personal identifier” means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a consumer, a family, or a device that is linked to a consumer or family, over time and across different services, including, but not limited to, a device identifier; an Internet Protocol address; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute § 1798.80(e)) – YES
- This category may include: name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education or employment information, financial account numbers, medical information, or health insurance information.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law – NO
- This category may include: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex and gender information, veteran or military status, or genetic information.
Commercial Information – YES
- This category may include: records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Biometric Information – NO
- This category may include: imagery of the iris, retina, fingerprint, face, hand, palm, vein patterns, and voice recordings, from which an identifier template, such as a face print, a minutiae template, or a voiceprint, can be extracted.
Internet or other electronic network activity information – YES
- This category may include: browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
Geolocation Data – YES
- This category may include: point in time physical location data may be used in support of adaptive security verification and to improve identification of authorized users while using our site and services.
Sensory Data – NO
- This category may include: audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Professional or employment-related information – NO
- This category may include: current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Non-public education information – NO
- This category may include: education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf (e.g., grades, transcripts, schedules, and student ID numbers).
Inferences drawn from other personal information – NO
- This category may include: inferences drawn from the above information that may reflect your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, or similar behavioral information.